Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So Happy.

I painted my StuG today.
a StuG is a Late War German tank. 
i got the black base coat done and finished up the dry brushing on the body.
i took a really looooooong time to do the base coat. 
i finished last.
It comes in 3 main pieces, the body, the tracks and the gun.
there are other little bits like tiny little people and side armour you stick on later, just for aesthetic purposes. 
sometimes, excess resin or metal is on your model and you have to either file or clip it off.
my tracks needed excessive filing and i had to clip alot off stuff off. 
my model had lots and lots of surplus bits.
there was resin and metal all over my newspaper.
Qi Shaun stuck everything on for me. and i didn't have to ask either.
i'm afraid of the glue because on Monday, there was another painting work shop and En. Marzuki squeezed the glue tube too hard so it went all over his hand and spent 30 mins in a toilet trying to scratch it off. 
one thing though, he stuck the gun on slightly off centre. homomofo.

Dry brushing was so fun! 
when i finished, i think i got insulted by an adult :P
quote Mr. Wong : " It's very well done. Very good for someone who can't do the black base coat."
i CAN do the base coat. just really slowly. because unpainted spots unlock my inner OCD freak person. 
and German tanks have a lot of detail compared to American tanks, which is why i finished last.
there were so. many. unpainted spots. then i took a looooong time to fill them in. 

i like painting models. 
i paint really slow so i think i'm going to be one of those people who take 10 hours to paint a tank :D
i'm going to be a painter. I'll paint alot more than i'll play Flames of War.

and I sent in my prefect application 20 minutes ago. 

No comments: